SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION: MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND CULTURE (KEMENDIKBUD) EXCELLENT SCHOLARSHIP 2023
The excellent scholarship is a financial support provided by the Indonesian government to the best sons and daughters of Indonesia for undergraduate (S1), master’s (S2), and doctoral (S3) programs at eligible higher education institutions. There are several types of excellent scholarships, including scholarships for outstanding community members, scholarships for Kemendikbudristek employees, scholarships for people with disabilities, and award scholarships.
General requirements for the excellent scholarship include:
- Priority given to applicants with certificates proving international or national academic/non-academic achievements.
- Recommendation from relevant institutions.
- Not receiving similar scholarships from other sources.
- Never having pursued education at the same academic level before.
- Admission to domestic higher education institutions.
- Not currently being a lecturer, teacher, educational staff, or cultural practitioner.
- Scholarships are only for regular classes.
- Commitment to maintain a minimum Semester Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 for Bachelor’s (S1) program or a minimum GPA of 3.25 for Master’s (S2) and Doctoral programs while being a recipient of the excellent scholarship.
Special requirements include:
- Graduates who completed their education in the current year or a maximum of two years before.
- Have a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) or an unconditional acceptance letter from the university for new students.
- Have an active enrollment letter from the faculty dean of the university.
- For ongoing undergraduate students (S1), they should be in their maximum 3rd semester or have proof of study results up to the 2nd semester with a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a scale of 4.00.
- Proficiency in Indonesian language, proven by a certificate issued by the Language Development and Training Agency of Kemendikbudristek.
- Proficiency in English language, proven by a certificate with a minimum score of ITP/PBT: 500, PTE Academic: 34, IBT: 52, IELTS: 5.0.
- Submission of an essay in Indonesian language, following specific guidelines.
Apart from the general and special requirements, applicants need to provide and pay attention to the following documents:
- National ID card (KTP).
- Student ID card (for ongoing students).
- Letter of Acceptance or an unconditional acceptance letter from the university.
- Study results for the 1st and 2nd semesters.
- Latest diploma and academic transcripts.
- Indonesian language certificate.
- English language certificate.
- Study plan for the master’s program.
- Research proposal for the doctoral program.
- Recommendation letter from academics or relevant institutions.
- Statement letter from the applicant.
The registration period is from August 3rd to August 17th, 2023, and applications can be submitted through the website https://beasiswaunggulan.kemdikbud.go.id.